Winning against AMD.
A practical plan. Written (and typed) by Cliff Jenkins.
Published December 2018.
Based on his experiences during the nine years since Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) struck him. He now has no central vision at all and he also has wet AMD in his left eye.
Dedicated to all those who suddenly realise ”There is nothing anyone can do.”
1.Introduction, the objective is “winning.” Read more.
2.Action Plan Summary, sub-chapters 2.1 – 2.10. Read more.
3.Protect your eyes. Read more.
4. Surviving everyday life. Read more.
4.1 Helping carers to cope. Read more.
4.2 Carers can care too much. Read more.
4.3 Using a White Stick. Read more.
4.4 Personal Highs and Lows. Read more.
- App, 1 EPSTennis, Tennis for the Partly Sighted. Read more.
- App, 2 Thank you to organisations where people have helped me. Read more.
- App, 3 Regaining my MOJO. Read more.
- App, 4 Alan Titchmarsh was wrong. Read more.
- App. 5 Bits and Pieces I use. Read more.
Every WIN is important.
We really can rebuild our self-reliance, resilience and our self-confidence.
Winning against AMD – Age-related Macular Degeneration