Winning against AMD.
Appendix 5 Bits and Pieces I Use.
What I have found, over the last nine years, that are useful in making my life easier, so you may find the list useful for new ideas for yourself:-
- Large type Scrabble set.
- Large tile Mahjongg set.Plastic pimples to stick on things.
- Sticky labels to stick on microwave and toaster.Kitchen scales with large print and audible weight results.
- Self-lit magnifying glasses, 16 and 22 Diopters.
- Cooker hob with clear numbers.
- ORANGE TAPE.
- Artificial flowers for the garden.
- Yellow tinted reading glasses, very dark tinted glasses, spare yellow tinted glasses.
- Telescopic white stick.
- Lenovo tablet for easy reading.
- 30” TV screen plugged into my refurbished Dell laptop so that I can read and write emails etc.
- CPC large keyboard, with white keys and black lettering, set on a Black surround.
- Hotter waterproof shoes.
- Phonak Hearing Aids.
- Double-sided sticky tape – sticks tom one part and then you can find and attach the other.
- Large numbers on kitchen scales
Every single one is a WINNER.
There is no conclusion here. We are all in a constant, all be it, gentle on-going battle to live the best life we can.
I hope I have given you an Action Plan, or at least lots of ideas to try, as you create your own WINS.
19th December 2018.
Winning against AMD – Age-related Macular Degeneration
<Previous Contents Page