Cliff Jenkins’ Policies
Independent prospective local councillor
Objectives. Cliff wants to:
- Improve the aspirations and opportunities for our children,
- Improve public transport services
- Increase housing available for young people locally
- Support local personal involvement
- Reduce Council Tax by ten per cent whilst improving services
Cliff’s comments o local and Concerns.
When asked about three important topics…
- Solving local problems with the local authority. “Too often genuine grievances are met with a combination of arrogance and ignorance. I intend to change that.”
- Children’s education and welfare “Our children are our future, we need to give them as good a start as we can. I intend to do just that.”
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the council “As a monopoly, it has no competition and therefore has no need to improve. I intend to change that.”
Cliff replied “In my opinion the key areas for debate and then action are:
What can we do to help society reduce their use of energy, fuel, electricity and other natural resources?
What can we do to improve the success of our schools and our children?
What can we do to help people to respect each other more?
How can we help people improve their self-esteem, to be proud of themselves, of their family and their community?
Finally how do we create the extra houses for our young people to buy or rent.”
As always the underlying questions are Who, What, Why, When, Where and How